GDPR – Our Commitment to Data Privacy
We are committed to compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which will went into effect May 25, 2018. The regulation contains the most significant changes to European data privacy legislation in the last 20 years. It is designed to give EU citizens more control over their data and seeks to unify a number of existing privacy and security laws under one comprehensive law.
Our customers can trust that we have made GDPR a priority and have devoted significant resources toward our efforts to comply with GDPR. This post outlines our approach and progress to date.
Below are a few examples of initiatives we have committed to in order to satisfy GDPR requirements that apply to both our customers and us:
- Committing to security and privacy measures required under GDPR. You can view details on our current security measures on our website under Trust@WebLounge
- Assisting our customers with satisfying their GDPR data security and privacy requirements. Notifying regulators of personal data breaches on our systems and promptly communicating any such breaches to our customers and end-users.
- Ensuring our staff that access and process our customer’s personal data are bound to maintain the confidentiality and security of that data.
- Holding any sub-processors that handle our customers’ personal data to the applicable data management, security and privacy standards required under GDPR ( Google Gmail, Mailchimp, WordPress, 1and1).
- Committing to carrying out data impact assessments and consulting with EU regulators where appropriate.
- Assisting customers with the download or deletion of any data through our privacy tools
- Providing customers access to our data protection officer through gdprform.io
Do we process personal data of our customers?
Where do we send customer data?
Can you guarantee that my data will stay in a certain location (e.g., Europe)?
Our features require that data be transferred through our sub-processors. For example, when you send an email, it may go to a server in another country, even when the email is encrypted. In addition, our employees and contractors may need access to data stored in the EU for support related reasons. In all cases where data is transferred outside of the E.U., we commits to ensuring such transfers are compliant with applicable data transfer laws, including GDPR.
Are we Privacy Shield certified?
No because we are not a US based company. We however are certified by Sucuri Security which performs security scans on our website and database.
We are 100% committed to customers’ success and the protection of customer data. . Customers can count on our commitment to GDPR compliance. For more information, please visit Trust @ WebLounge and be sure to look at our privacy and security pages. Thank you for your interest in our services!